Saturday 6 February 2010

Week 4 Run 2: 5km PB! :)

I sometimes go to Basingstoke Parkrun, which is the closest to me, although still a 15/20 minute drive away. I think Parkrun's are brilliant. For anyone who doesn't know what they are, they're a free, weekly timed 5km. They're becoming increasingly popular, with new ones opening all the time. See their website to find one near you, www.parkrun.org.uk.

I was therefore quite excited to hear that a couple of people from my running club were setting up a new one, much closer to home. It officially launches next week, but this week was a trial run, where around 15 people from the club ran the course to ensure that the directions were clear (which they mostly were!) and that the time recording equipment worked.

I hadn't run 5km distance for some time - I've been too busy focusing on running further and further! I started off a bit too quickly, but didn't stop to walk and maintained a good pace throughout. My unofficial time (according to my HRM) was 31:18, which is 34 seconds quicker than my previous 5km PB! :D So close to a sub 10 minute mile pace as well - next time!

I've just entered Cancer Research's Race For Life, which was my first race. Its not until June, but I'd love to get an sub-30minute time for it, so after Bath Half, I think that will be my new focus. :)

Length: 3.1 miles/3.1 miles
Time: 31:18
Pace: 10:04 min/mile

1 comment:

  1. good work lady! :-) i find over distance training shatters my shorter distances.. sub 30 before bath i reckon - easy! :D x

    ReplyDelete