Sunday 14 February 2010

Week 5 Run 3 - Much Better!

Well after last week's disastrous 'long' run, I was hoping for a better one today. I'd planned out a 10 mile route, and so off I set.

Took a couple of miles to get into it (which annoyingly always seems to be the case), but relaxed into it and felt really good for miles 3-8. Legs started to tire towards the end, and there was more walking than I'd have liked, but I managed to complete the whole route. I actually added in a little loop in the middle, so it ended up being 11 miles.

I took my ipod with me today, but knowing the battery was low, decided to start off without it (they're not allowed at Bath Half), I didn't use it until the last 1.5 miles, when I was getting very tired, but hopefully by that point the crowd will pull me round without the need for music.

I didn't run the whole way, and I didn't go very fast, but on the back of today's run, a half marathon doesn't seem like a totally ridiculous idea. I know I'll have to walk parts of it, and that I'll be towards the back, but feeling much more confident that I'll actually finish!

Length: 11 miles/10 miles
Time: ~2hrs 20mins
Pace: 12:42 min/mile
Half Marathon Time: 2hrs 48mins (based on this run - provided by Fetcheveryone.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment