Saturday 20 February 2010

Week 6 Run 1: Amazing!

So...this week hasn't exactly gone to plan, hence why run 1 is on Saturday! Work has been very busy this week, meaning I missed running club on Tuesday, and have been getting home so late that I've been wanting dinner and a rest, rather than a run!

I decided to try and fit one run in before my long run tomorrow, so that this week wasn't totally written off! I headed out the door around midday, and ran the mile or so to the nearby woods and lake. I had a rough idea of a route (was aiming for around 4 miles), and decided to keep the pace nice and slow - didn't want to tire myself out before the long run. I often forget to appreciate the lovely countryside around where I live - I much prefer running through woodland than on the pavements and I'm lucky enough to have plenty of it round here. Most of it is Army training land, so there are lots of these signs around!


After looping round the lake, I headed home. Isn't it pretty?


I really enjoyed this run. All of my runs for the past couple of months have been focussed on building distance (long runs), going faster (time trials), going at someone else's pace (club runs) or being quick (lunchtime runs!), so it was really nice just to 'run'.

Length: 4.65 miles/4 miles
Time: 55:40
Pace: 11:58 min/mile

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, from a fellow runnerblogger! Sounds as though you are doing really well with the training - keep it up! What a beautiful place to run - whereabouts are you based?

    ReplyDelete