Sunday 7 February 2010

Week 4 Run 3: Disasterous :(

Awful run today. I was so up for a nice long, slow run when I got up. But had a busy morning, which meant that by the time I got home, I needed to eat again before heading out as it had been about 4 hours since breakfast! So I had some lunch, then had to wait for that to digest, before finally setting off around 3pm.

I didn't even manage to get halfway round Fleet Pond (about 2km into the run) before stopping to walk, it had nothing to do with being out of breath, I just felt really tired, legs felt heavy etc. I forced myself to stay out for an hour, with a mixture of running and walking. Far, far too much walking. :(

I think it was a combination of heading out too late in the day and perhaps a bit of a hangover from the Parkrun the day before (running at race pace).

Really need to do a 10 miler next Sunday - there are only 3 Sundays before the race, and one of those will be taper week!

Length: 4.6 miles/10 miles
Time: 59 mins
Pace: 13:20 min/mile (told ya I walked lots!)
Half Marathon Time: 3hrs 06mins (based on this run - provided by Fetcheveryone.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment