Wednesday 10 February 2010

Week 5 Run 1: Much Better :)

After the horrendous run on Sunday, tonight's run has restored my faith in running. :)

There wasn't anything overly amazing about it, but it was a good distance, a good pace and some good conversations!

I'm very fortunate that at my running club, there is a large group on Tuesdays, so I usually able to choose from 4 groups to go out with; run-walkers, ~4.5 miles, ~5.5 miles, ~6 miles (fast paced, sometimes with hills!). I usually go out with the 4.5 mile group, which is around 11:30-12 minute miles, but last night I went out with the 5.5 mile group, which is closer to 10:30-11 minute miles, as I wanted to make up a bit of effort from Sunday's run!

The pace was good, challenging but not difficult, and we managed 6 miles, including a long, slow hill at the end.

Got chatting to a few others in the group, including one woman who is also training for her first half marathon (a week after mine). It was good to compare notes, and made me feel a bit less panicked, as her long runs are currently 7-8 miles and she's confident she'll get round, so I'm sure I will be fine (fingers crossed!)

Length:
6.0 miles/4 miles
Time: 1hr 14mins
Pace: Technically 12:16, due to the many roads and junctions we had to cross, but actually running pace was closer to 10:45-11 minute/miles

No comments:

Post a Comment