Monday 11 January 2010

First Run

So, although my training plan officially started today, I went out for a run yesterday.

I'd planned to do 6 miles, but the snow reduced this to 4.5 ('just' 9 miles short of the half marathon!). Although running in the snow itself was alright (although harder than running on the road), I had to walk 1.5 miles on icey pavements to get to the forest to start running, and along with the difficulty of running in the snow, the extra time it took and having to avoid obstacles such as fallen branches, ice and children sledging. After an hour I'd had enough, and still had to walk back home!

Snowy Hawley Woods

It was very pretty though, and looked very 'Narnian' (before the witch dies obviously!).

Am finalising my training plan at the moment, and will post it up asap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment