Friday 8 January 2010

The time has come...

Well, now that 2010 is well and truly here, the time has come to create a training plan and start training! As I type this, I have just over 8 weeks until Bath Half Marathon, which sounds scarily close - I'm trying to ignore the countdown timer on the blog :D

*The Aim*
I'm aiming to run 3 times per week during this training, and the aim is just to finish - I'm not looking to set any speed records!

I know I can run a comfortably for 60-90 minutes (6-8 miles) and have run two 2-hour runs (both races), so I need to have one long per week, which focuses on building up the distance. I'd be really pleased if I could complete one 12 mile run prior to the race; realistically I don't think I'm going to have time to complete the full distance beforehand. The other two runs each week, will be much shorter (one with the club and one during my lunchbreak at work), and for these 8 weeks, I'm not going to worry about speedwork, track sessions or time trials. I can go back to them afterwards.

*The Plan*
So my exercise week will look something like this (also including non-running training sessions);
Mo - Netball Training (1 hour)
Tu - Club Run (4.5-5 miles, around 1 hour)
We - Netball Match (alternate Wednesdays, 1 hour)
Fr - Easy/Short Run (2-3 miles, 25-30 minutes)
Su - Long Run (6-12 miles, 1-2.5 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment