Sunday 17 January 2010

Week 1 Run 3

Today was my long run - 7.5 miles planned. Really hadn't been looking forward to it, I hadn't run this far since early December! I planned out a route in advance and set off.

First few miles were horrible - I had several stitches and really wanted to turn back. But with 7 weeks to go until the big day, I knew I had to knuckle down. Pace was a little slower than I'd have liked, but I did walk a couple of sections due to the stitches.

Partially frozen Fleet Pond

The second half of the run was much better, I got into my stride and relaxed a bit. Legs felt good throughout, although a bit tired towards the end, and I actually felt stronger at the end of the run than I did at the beginning. So much so, that I added in an extra loop to make it up to 8 miles (slightly overestimated though!). :)

Ducks on the pond

Length: 8.3 miles/7.5 miles
Time: 1hr 40m 30 s
Pace: 12:08 min/mile
Half Marathon Time: 2hrs 43mins (based on this run - provided by Fetcheveryone.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment