Sunday 24 January 2010

Week 2 Run 3

Really tough run today. Wasn't in the mood for the long run that was scheduled. Decided to try the old trick of running for 1 mile and if I'm still not in the mood, then at least I tried. I always find that by the time I've done 1 mile, I've losened up and am happy to carry on. Not today. After a mile I really wasn't enjoying it, but decided to push on to mile 2, still not enjoying it, but decided I had to carry on to mile 3, so that if I turned around then, at least I'd have done 6 miles, which is really the shortest distance that I would class as a long run.

Finally at about 2.5 miles in it got better :) I felt comfortable for the next 5 miles, although still would have happily stopped and had to have an arguement with myself everytime I came to a junction - carry on on the pre-planned 9 mile route, or head back home via the quickest route! Towards the end, my legs started to feel tired, but I pushed on, and am really pleased I did. Am glad to have a 9 mile run under my belt, but I realise that this half marathon is going to be more of a mental battle than a physical one.

Length: 9 miles/9 miles
Time: 1hr 51m 45s
Pace: 12:25 min/mile
Half Marathon Time: 2hrs 46mins (based on this run - provided by Fetcheveryone.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment